To celebrate the arrival of the bundle, I’ve put together a little DIY hack that I used on my very own wedding! To save yourself from breaking the bank when it comes to getting your wedding decorations together, you can make your very own centrepiece vases to brighten up your table!
DIY Pretty Wedding Centrepiece Jars
What you’re going to need:
- Collected jars
- Assorted ribbon and twine
- Liquid glue
- Double sided tape
What you need to do:
- Make sure all of the jars you’re using are washed clean (a dishwasher is the best way to get rid of any lingering food or bacteria) and that all of the labels have been removed
- When using twine, cut an amount about three times the size that you need to tie it around the top of the jar
- Wrap it around three times and tie a bow to finish it off
- Some ribbon is available with a sticky back on it, like this white lace one I have. Measure out the amount you need to surround the bottom of the jar and cut leaving a little flap in excess
- Remove the protective paper so that the sticky back is exposed
- Apply straight to the glass jar, ensuring to take the time to keep it straight
- Repeat this process at the top of the jar as well
- With plain ribbon, you can use either liquid glue or double sided tape to attach it to the glass jars. Measure slightly more than you need to allow the two ends of the ribbon to overlap slightly
- Apply a dot of liquid glue to the jar and attach the first end (make sure to hold until it sticks). Then wrap it around and place another glue dot on top of the ribbon in the same spot as before, sealing the second end
- Alternatively, cut a small strip of double sided tape
- Apply it directly to the back of the ribbon
- Peel back the protective tape to expose the sticky part
- Apply directly to the jar and wind around the ribbon so that it meets together
- Apply another strip of double sided tape to the end of the ribbon and press on to secure the ribbon
And there you have it!
Pretty jars that have cost you virtually nothing and are ready for your beautiful flower arrangements in the centre of your tables!