Despite being a girl, my Dad has always called me Bert
Hiya! I’m Ashleigh, the one-woman-band behind Bert. Most days you can find me in my studio with a puppy on my lap and a cuppa to hand!
I am mostly known for compulsive plant buying, an unhealthy obsession with dinosaurs and chasing after dogs whenever I see them. People often refer to me as Queen of the Dinosaurs and, of course, Bert (my post is more often addressed to Bert than to Ashleigh!)
I love serving the world by creating unique, handmade gifts and cards that make someone’s day.
The things I am most passionate about in life are:
- Flying the feminist flag for all my gals who like what they like, whether it’s pink or not
- Taking affordable DIY hacks into your home to make your space totally unique
- My puppy (and family) because I’m a big Hufflepuff at heart
I create products for less ordinary gals who are totally into dinosaurs, plants, space, puppies and puns. And I am lucky enough to give them the gift of DIY or creative knowledge through my blog and workshops.
As an illustrator, I’ve been featured on the Let’s Talk About Mental Health blog, which I also wrote an article for; DoCrafts Creativity magazine (Issue 85) with a How To tutorial posted on their blog and the UKbusinesswoman Instagram account.
When I’m not busy working on my latest designs, you can catch me drinking pumpkin spice lattes, napping with my pup, listening to my record collection and cross stitching.
If you’re dying to hear more, here are five things you might not know about me:
- No one ever calls me by my real name. When I hear “Ashleigh” I know I’m either in big trouble (with my parents) or I don’t respond!
- I have a really unhealthy obsession with Autumn. It’s why you’ll hear me whining about not having pumpkin spice lattes post-December and insisting on wearing cardigans even in Summer
- I’m Bipolar and I often write about those experiences to help others who are going through diagnosis or their own mental health crisis
- I got married 4 days after my 21st birthday even though I didn’t believe love existed up until I was 16
- I love Asian cooking and I make a mean teriyaki salmon
Still here? Let’s connect!